HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?
I was blown away by these mind-boggling statistics on Wal-Mart!
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $369,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $220,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 3.6 million people and is the largest private employer.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 10 years.
8. During this same period, 131 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 81,900 stores in the USA of which 12,906 are SuperCenters; this is 19,000 more than it had 2 years ago.
11. This year, 57.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion).
12. 95% of Americans live within 5 miles of a Wal-Mart
13. Only 10% of employees have benefits, the average age is 59 and the average wage is $6 per hour
14. 69% of all employees’ live at or below the poverty level.